Valentines Day is just around the corner, and I wanted to put together a styled shoot for that special day with my friend and peer, Steph from Stephanie Rita Photography. However, one thing I knew I didn’t want was for it to be ordinary. I didn’t want any pink, red, or those chalky conversation hearts. I wanted a rustic, yet elegant feel that could be used both for Valentines Day or a number of other occasions. I also knew that I wanted to incorporate some of Pantone’s Spring 2014 colors. In doing so, I decided to stick with Vibrant Orchid and Hemlock, two colors that really caught my eye when they were released.
On the day of the shoot, New England had an unexpected “wintery-mix” storm. Two hours before the shoot it started raining and my husband and I started praying that it would turn into snow. Not even ten minutes later, it was snowing the biggest snowflakes we had ever seen. It looked like soap was falling from the sky!
By the time three-o’clock came, the snow had subsided some, but it was still as cold as ever. Matt and Kate were great sports even with the occasional plunk of snow falling on their heads from the trees. They were such a fun couple to work with and had all of us laughing throughout the shoot.
I hope you enjoyed looking through this mini styled shoot, and please don’t hesitate to contact me if you need any help in planning or organizing an event of your own! If you want to see more of this amazingly cute couple, check out Stephanie Rita’s Blog on Monday at http://stephanieritaphoto.com/
- Cream and Sugar Bowls- Twin Elm Farm Antique Store
- Mint Colored Votive Holders- Twin Elm Farm Antique Store
- Mercury Glass Votive Holder- Twin Elm Farm Antique Store
- Cake- Valerie Bleau
- Purple Votive Holders- Michael’s Craft Store
- Wooden Crate- Michael’s Craft Store (Stained and Stenciled done by TAWE)
- Flower Vase- Target
- Flowers- Created by Kathi Hildreth and TAWE
- Heart Garland- Created by TAWE
- Cloth Napkins- Pier 1
- Tablecloth- Thrifted
- Glass Plates- Thrifted
- Silverware- Thrifted
- Champagne Glasses- Thrifted
- Location- Wellesley College (Massachusetts)