For the past number of years, strapless gowns have bombarded the wedding scene; but the runway is showing a change this coming wedding season. Models are walking down the runway with cover-ups, sheer straps, and cap sleeves. Here are some more specific reasons to don this attire at your own wedding.
- If you are concerned about modesty and/or are having your ceremony at a church, a bolero or cap sleeve will add coverage to make you feel more comfortable standing in front of your Great Aunt Bertha who has never stepped outside her house in anything less than a turtleneck.
- Wearing a capelet, bolero, or shrug will also help create a different look for ceremony vs. wedding. Wear the cover-up for the ceremony and then take it off for the reception.
- If you are concerned about the look of your arms, a bolero or shrug can help hide or at least minimize your insecurities.
- If you wish to expose and draw attention to your arms, detailed cap sleeves will add a feminine touch to your ensemble.
- If you are getting married on a chilly Spring day, any one of these designs can help keep those goose bumps under control (at least the goose bumps pertaining to the temperature).
If you need help picking out your own attire for that special day (or help with any other wedding tasks), click the contact tab above. Check back on Monday for some big news pertaining to TarynAlyse Weddings & Events, and in what directions we are moving.